We are thrilled to introduce a collaboration with Dickies 1922: this adaptable trouser is just right for days when you hang up your dungarees. In stock and ready to ship!
We worked with Ann Richardson, Dickies' head archivist– and one of their most enduring employees– on this collaboration with the Dickies 1922 brand.
The Sweetwater Trouser takes its name from the Women Airforce Service Pilots (W.A.S.P.), the first women in history trained to fly American military aircraft. Trained in Sweetwater, Texas (due west on I20 a few hours from Dickies 1922 HQ), these courageous women volunteered as civilians to serve as pilots for the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II. Working as a Band of Sisters, these women sacrificed pay, benefits, and uniform.
In the name of making proper women’s workwear, our Sweetwater Trouser brings a military uniform tradition to the forefront. We selected a rugged olive Cramerton Twill—the “twill of record” for U.S. Army issue khakis during WWII. In spite of the fact that Cramerton Army Cloth was the very first khaki, sadly, the mill where Cramerton was made (Galey and Lord in South Carolina) recently closed. We got our dirty hands on this iconic textile and are thrilled to bring you this gem of a pant while we still can--only the best for our band of sisters.
- Adjustable waist tab button to adjust the style and fit on this pant to sit higher/lower on the waist (or grow/shrink with you).
- Longer rise and ease through the hip, bum, and thigh for a comfortable ride (especially great for harvest season).
- Slightly tapered leg and reinforced knee (with opening to let out any trapped debris if you get a blowout).
- Button fly.
- Large front and back pockets (with button closure) to fit your giant phone or tools.
- Offered in a 26 or 28 inch inseam, perfect to hit at the boot or wear rolled for a banner warmer weather alternative.
- Made in the USA
Sizing and Fit
Waist: As the waistband is adjustable and rise long enough, you can choose to wear this pant higher, toward the narrowest point in your waist, or lower, roughly at your navel. We recommend measuring based on your fit preference.
Seat: 5 inches up from crotch
Thigh: About an inch below crotch
Fit note: This trouser is designed for a multitude of body types-with an adjustable waist and plenty of ease through the hip and thigh, this is truly a flexible silhouette that lets you play with proportion and fit. Please check the size chart or email email@example.com with your questions.